Are You Feeling Burned Out?
By Kimberly Reid
Are you feeling stressed?
Are you feeling burnt out?
Do you feel like you could blow a gasket at any moment?
Have you ever felt like going “postal” because you reached your limit?
Then, perhaps you forgot your ground wire;
or maybe you forgot your connection to Source?
An electrical plug requires connection to an energy source (hot wire), a purpose (hello, anyone got a hair dryer or tv?), and for safety reasons, a ground wire. Additionally, as the picture to the right shows, neutral wires are also an important part of the electrical process.
Believe it or not, you are an energy device. In order to live a healthy and successful life, we humans require all of these elements. Please allow me to explain.
First the Hot Wires – Connection to Source Power.
Whether you believe in God, a Higher Power, or Creator, there definitely is a Divine Source. Part of this incredible POWER resides in us, but when we lose connection, lose our power, or otherwise get depleted, we can really feel burnt out! Part of healthy living requires us to re-juice our power source. Prayer, meditation, and connecting with high energy, positive people can all be ways of pumping up the power. Creating connection in this way regularly is a must! If not daily, then at least weekly, schedule re-connection time and make it a priority!
Living in Flow
Second, there are neutral wires to electrical plugs. In my opinion, this is the arena in which we do the business of life. In the flow of neutral, there is no struggle. Just be. We all have certain gifts and talents and when we are in this “space” in our work, we feel more in the flow. It’s fun and easier. Believe it or not, struggle is optional. If you find yourself struggling or feel like your in “fight” mode on a regular basis, you may have limiting belief systems that are keeping you stuck in an unhappy place and not in the flow of neutral, but powerful living.
Don’t blow up! Get Grounded!
Without a ground wire, an electrical plug can be very dangerous and has known to burn down more than one house. There is no reason at all to let that happen to you. At one time or another you may have felt overworked, overstressed and just done with life. In those moments, grounding is needed. Every Wednesday after a very early meeting, I go to a nearby beach and meditate. This week I got the inspiration for this article. I asked my Spirit, “what do I need to work on today?” The answer I received really surprised me! The answer was “nothing”, no personal, inner work needed to be done in that moment. SHOCK! The answer continued, “Just BE.” WOW!
Here is process I suggest when it’s time to get grounded:
1. Just BE for 5-10 minutes with your bum on the grass, back against a tree, sit on dirt or sand. Any of these ways will work. Connect your physical being with nature and it will nurture your Spirit and refresh your mind.
2. Breathe in and out slowly.
3. You don’t have to “Do” anything, be anywhere, or remember anything during this 5-10 minutes. Just be authentically, brilliantly you for that moment. Time and space wont’ matter in this moment.
4. Allow the rhythm and flow of nature to surround you to relax and be.
5. Be still and connect with you.
6. Leave your phone and other electronics in your car.
7. Let this time be just for you to enjoy, breathe, live, be grateful and speechless in awe of the Power of Love that will surround you in this moment, without any judgment or fear in this moment.
Live on Purpose!
Finally, when you connect with Source Power (Hot Wires), ground yourself and live in the flow of living on purpose (Neutral wires), you will live out your purpose! You will feel more and more amazing as you do these steps with greater frequency.
Dare to be more brilliantly!
Kimberly A. Reid, MNLP, C.Ht.
About the Author
|Kimberly Reid, Tools for Better Living|
Camarillo, CA 93011
If you would like to re-print this article, please contact the author.